Matrox Extio 2 Series
Matrox Extio F2208 is a point-to-point, KVM extension solution that uses fiber-optic cable to separate the keyboard, mouse, USB, audio peripherals and up to two displays from the rest of the computer by up to 1 km (3280 feet). Equipped with the latest Matrox KVM technology, the Extio F2208 extends the bus via a PCIe bus interface card while the fiber-optical connection guarantees performance - eliminating hidden/dropped frames, data latency, and artifacts as seen with compression-based solutions.
- High performance, zero compression KVM optical extension up to 1 km from the PC1
- Supports up to 2 displays (DisplayPort™, Digital, or Analog) from a single appliance, fiber-optic cable and workstation2
- Independent and stretched mode support for 2x1 configurations
- Combine two Matrox PCIe interface cards, Matrox Extio F2208, Extio F2408, plus Extio F2408E Expander units to drive up to 16 DisplayPort and/or DVI displays, keyboard, mouse, audio and up to eight additional USB 2.0 ports at up to 1 km from the PC
- Clone multiple displays in two separate remote locations across two fiber-optic cables, while also stretching desktops
- Max. resolution of 2560x1600 (DisplayPort), & 1920x1200 (Digital, Analog) per display
- Fiber-optic connection allows raw, uncompressed data to travel between the remote host system and the user-side Extio F2208 appliance, resulting in unmatched HD resolution support and uncompromised workstation performance
- Designed for process control rooms, dispatch centers, and other mission-critical environments that require stable, reliable I/O extension technology
- Flexible connectivity with 5x USB 2.0 ports for keyboard, mouse, touch screens and other HIDs
- BIOS Level Keyboard Support enables basic keyboard functionality and access to the system BIOS directly from the user-side Extio F2208 appliance
- Extio Setup Utility (BIOS Level Configuration & Diagnostics) to verify and/or configure the fiber-optic transceiver, link status, USB ports, hardware mapping and device password protection
- Matrox Appliance Integrity Scanner to log device hardware/firmware configurations
- Matrox Appliance Configuration Utility to field upgrade firmware to take advantage of the latest features
- Wake from sleep/standby by pressing any keyboard key with select systems
- Passive cooling (heat sink with no fan) for silent operation and extra reliability
- PCI Express x1 fiber-optic interface card (Part # XTO2A-FESLPAF) sold separately
- Extensive operating system support for Microsoft® Windows® and Linux
- Intuitive and easy-to-use Matrox PowerDesk 3.0 multi-display configuration and desktop management software
- Edge Overlap support for multi-projector installations
- Global sales and technical support
- Matrox Extio F2208 remote graphics unit
- 2x DisplayPort to DVI adapters
- Universal, external, 12-volt-DC, 5-amp, power adapter
- Power supply cable for various regions (North America / Japan, UK, Continental Europe, Australia)
Hardware required (sold separately)
- Matrox PCIe x1 interface card (Part # XTO2A-FESLPAF)
- LC/LC optical cable - multimode (62.5/125 μm (OM1), 50/125 μm (OM2, OM3, or OM4)) available from 3rd party vendors
Optional hardware (sold separately)
- Single Mode upgrade kit for support of distances above 400m (1312') and up to 1 km (3280') (Part # XTO2-2SMTXF)
- DisplayPort to Analog (VGA) adapters available from 3rd party vendors. Contact Matrox for details
- LC/LC optical cable - single-mode (9/125 μm (OS1 or OS2) available from 3rd party vendors
- 32/64bit Matrox drivers for a variety of Microsoft® Windows® desktop/workstation/server operating systems, and Linux (a detailed list is available here ).
- Matrox PowerDesk 3.0 (driver interface and utilities)
1 Extio F2208 ships with multi-mode transceivers supporting a maximum distance of 400m (1312'). Single Mode upgrade kit (Part # XTO2-2SMTXF) to support distances above 400m (1312') and up to 1 km (3280') sold separately.
2 Digital support via 2x DisplayPort to DVI adapters included with Extio F2208. Analog support via DisplayPort to Analog (VGA) adapters available from 3rd party vendors. Contact Matrox for details.
3Fiber-optic cable and Matrox PCIe x1 interface card sold separately.
The Matrox Extio F2208 KVM extension solution delivers best-in-class, multi-display workstation performance ideally suited for mission-critical environments that require stable, reliable I/O extension technology and where data security, heat, noise and space are prevalent issues. The separation of the user interface devices from the computer offers many advantages such as improved IT system maintenance and life cycle support, climate and noise control for user/operator stations, climate and environmental control for systems, and increased security.
Emergency operation & dispatch
Broadcast & post-production
Military & defense