Matrox VERO Signal Generator and Diagnostic Tool Now Available for ST 2110 Device Testing and Integration
VERO offers broadcasters, system integrators, and manufacturers a ST 2110 reference standard to validate devices and ensure reliable, predictable broadcast operations in ST 2110-based environments
MONTREAL, Quebec — December 10, 2020 — Matrox® Video today announces that the Matrox VERO ST 2110 signal generator and diagnostic appliance for SMPTE ST 2110-networked environments is now shipping. An all-in-one appliance, VERO combines a fully-adjustable pattern generator and signal diagnostics integrating EBU LIST into a single tool, allowing broadcasters, system integrators, and manufacturers of ST 2110 devices and environments to validate ST 2110 equipment for compliance before deployment.
A SMPTE ST 2110-networked environment must deliver all of the benefits of an IP infrastructure—with the predictability of SDI—for it to be useful. This is achievable when the infrastructure is well-managed and edge devices respect specifications. Matrox VERO ensures that any new device will act as a “good network citizen” and work seamlessly with other ST 2110 devices—and maintain broadcast operations—when connected to an on-air production environment. Moreover, when an issue inevitably arises, the Matrox VERO can help diagnose the source of the problem.
Matrox VERO’s key features and benefits include:
- ST 2110 reference sender: Offers an adjustable ST 2110 reference sender allowing users to test receiver compliance and resilience in ideal to worst-case scenarios.
- PCAP recording*: Captures a perfect replica of network traffic—including UHD video flows—in a PCAP file for ST 2110 diagnosis.
- EBU LIST® integration: Comes pre-installed with the widely-respected European Broadcasting Union Live IP Software Toolkit (EBU LIST) diagnostic tool for user convenience and access.
- HD/Full HD/UHD: Features two independent output channels, each capable of generating one video, up to four audio, and one ancillary data flows. Each of the two channels can also be dedicated to independent video resolutions and frame rates—up to UHD at 60 FPS—which allows ST 2110 equipment manufacturers to verify multiple resolutions simultaneously, including support of ST 2022-7.
- Intuitive web-based interface: Works with any web browser, enabling users to operate diagnostic tools from anywhere on the network using any PC, tablet, or mobile device.
“Testing is key to interoperability, and Matrox VERO plays an essential role in ensuring any new ST 2110 device introduced to ST 2110 infrastructures accurately meets SMPTE standards and industry norms,” said Francesco Scartozzi, VP of sales and business development, Broadcast and Media Group at Matrox Video. “A test environment replicating real-world conditions, backed by a full-featured signal generator and diagnostic tool, empowers users with knowing the functional boundaries and limitations of their technology or ‘production environment.’ This knowledge is critical as broadcasters continue to evaluate an ever-growing number of ST 2110 devices for their facilities.”
The Matrox VERO ST 2110 signal generator and diagnostic appliance is now available through Matrox's worldwide network of authorized resellers. To request a demo or learn more, contact Matrox.
*The PCAP recorder feature will be available early Q1 2021.
About Matrox Video
Matrox Video is a global leader in video technology. Featuring a complete portfolio of best-in-class hardware, software, APIs, and SDKs, Matrox Video enables OEMs, system integrators, value-added channel partners, and end users to push the boundaries of video innovation. Serving the AV/IT, broadcast, and emerging markets for over 45 years, Matrox Video is synonymous with quality, performance, interoperability, and support. Matrox Video’s legal entity is Matrox Graphics Inc., part of the Matrox Group.
For more information, visit https://video.matrox.com.
Tel: +1 (514) 822-6000
Matrox and Matrox product names are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of Matrox Electronic Systems, Ltd. and/or Matrox Graphics Inc. in Canada and/or other countries. All other company and product names are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of their respective owners.