Matrox Video Unveils VERO—an ST 2110 Signal Generator and Diagnostic Tool
Matrox VERO enables broadcasters, system integrators, and manufacturers to validate ST 2110 edge devices for SMPTE ST 2110-networked infrastructures
MONTREAL, Quebec — September 29, 2020 — Matrox® Video today announces Matrox VERO, an ST 2110 signal generator and diagnostic appliance for SMPTE ST 2110-networked environments. Combining an adjustable signal generator, a PCAP recorder, and signal diagnostics integrating EBU LIST® into a single appliance, VERO allows broadcasters, system integrators, and manufacturers of ST 2110 devices and environments to validate ST 2110 devices for compliance before deployment.
ST 2110-compliant devices for optimized broadcast operations
A SMPTE ST 2110-networked environment must deliver all of the benefits of an IP infrastructure—with the predictability of SDI—for it to be useful. This is achievable when the infrastructure is well-managed and edge devices respect specifications. Matrox VERO ensures that any new device will act as a “good network citizen” and work seamlessly with other ST 2110 devices—and maintain broadcast operations—when connected to an on-air production environment. Moreover, when an issue inevitably arises, the Matrox VERO can help diagnose the source of the problem.
“As we move towards ST 2110 broadcast environments, we need a tool that we can rely on as an ST 2110 golden reference standard,” said Willem Vermost, design and engineering manager at the Flemish Radio and Television Broadcasting Organization (VRT) and faculty member at the European Broadcasting Union (EBU) academy. “The Matrox VERO allows us to verify whether the ST 2110 equipment we are installing in our environment meets the ST 2110 specifications. When we do run into a problem, it allows us to easily analyze the issues as it has the EBU LIST loaded on in the box.”
Matrox VERO’s key features and benefits include:
- ST 2110 reference sender: Offers an adjustable ST 2110 reference sender allowing users to test receiver compliance and resilience in ideal to worst-case scenarios.
- PCAP recording: Captures a perfect replica of network traffic—including UHD video flows—in a PCAP file for ST 2110 diagnosis.
- EBU LIST® integration: Comes pre-installed with the widely-respected European Broadcasting Union Live IP Software Toolkit (EBU LIST) diagnostic tool for user convenience and access.
- HD/Full HD/UHD: Features two independent output channels, each capable of generating one video, up to four audio, and one ancillary data flows. Each of the two channels can also be dedicated to independent video resolutions and frame rates—up to UHD at 60 FPS—which allows ST 2110 equipment manufacturers to verify multiple resolutions simultaneously, including support of ST 2022-7.
- Intuitive web-based interface: Works with any web browser, enabling users to operate diagnostic tools from anywhere on the network using any PC, tablet, or mobile device.
"As an early developer and pioneer of ST 2110 network interface controller cards and adapters, Matrox Video has long been equipped with the necessary tools to validate products within ST 2110 infrastructures,” said Alberto Cieri, senior VP of sales and marketing, Matrox Video. “Our JT-NM participations have also allowed us to understand the technical aspects required by broadcasters and manufacturers to certify devices in-house. As a result, with Matrox VERO, we offer a simple, effective, and accurate signal generator and diagnostic tool for confident interoperability testing—and long-term investment—of ST 2110 equipment and technologies.”
About Matrox Video
Matrox Video is a global leader in video technology. Featuring a complete portfolio of best-in-class hardware, software, APIs, and SDKs, Matrox Video enables OEMs, system integrators, value-added channel partners, and end users to push the boundaries of video innovation. Serving the AV/IT, broadcast, and emerging markets for over 45 years, Matrox Video is synonymous with quality, performance, interoperability, and support. Matrox Video’s legal entity is Matrox Graphics Inc., part of the Matrox Group.
Tel: +1 (514) 822-6000
Matrox and Matrox product names are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of Matrox Electronic Systems, Ltd. and/or Matrox Graphics Inc. in Canada and/or other countries. All other company and product names are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of their respective owners.